A new rideshare company called Goldsainte will give you the opportunity to ride in luxury cars around Charlotte.
Why it matters: The service is already being used by celebrities, like Chris Weidman, Rapsody, and Chris Manhertz, according to Powell. But, he hopes Goldsainte will help make luxury vehicles more accessible.
- “There was just a certain feeling that you would experience when you’re driving down the street in these cars and I really wanted to share that feeling with everybody,” he said.
Plus, Goldsainte will let you customize every aspect of the ride — from the type of music that’s played to the temperature of your seats — to create the kind of luxury experience you expect when riding around in a Bentley Flying Spur, Bently Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Cullinan or Mercedes-Maybach.
- Members will be able to rent high-end cars owned by other members and drive them themselves.
How it works: Part of the app works similarly to other ride-share companies where you can book a ride from one location to the next. The other part, which is exclusive to members, operates as a high-end car rental marketplace.
- Rides can be requested through the app or website to go as far as 50 miles in any direction of the city’s center. Extended-distance rides will go as far as Raleigh or Columbia, South Carolina.
- You can schedule a ride from 5am to midnight daily.
- Every driver is thoroughly vetted and must complete extensive training to provide riders with a sense of security.
Cost: For an initial membership fee of $249, members ride for $99 an hour. Members can also rent luxury cars or list their own high-end vehicles for other members to drive, for a rate set by the car owner.
- Non-members ride for $149 an hour and can bring up to two guests.
- Of note: The only exception is the price to ride in a Rolls-Royce, which will cost members $499 per hour to ride and $549 per hour for non-members.
Bonus: Every passenger will get a goodie bag that can be customized through the app to include snacks, gum, mints, a phone charger and two 50ml bottles of Bacardi for you to take with you.
What’s next: Goldsainte will start expanding to other cities by the end of the year.
- The rideshare company will deploy rides in Houston and Dallas by the end of the year.
- In 2024, the company will be in Miami, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.